After a plastic surgery procedure, you will be given instructions that not only help you have a good recovery but also to help you maintain and prolong results from this investment you’ve made in yourself. Patients are so thrilled with the outcome that they are often motivated to continue along with their healthy lifestyle.
Here are some of our best tips to enhance and prolong results after plastic surgery.
- If you undergo a plastic surgery procedure such as liposuction or a tummy tuck, these procedures consist of removing fat and contouring your body into a more desired shape. To maintain these results, you’ll want to focus on eating a healthy diet and getting regular exercise.
- If you are an active person, undergoing plastic surgery and having to rest or have downtime without exercise, the recovery period can be a challenging time. Don’t fret if you gain a few pounds. You’ll be back in the to the gym in no time if your recovery goes well.
- Scarring is a part of many plastic surgery procedures. Dr. Silverman will take great care in placing incisions in places where they can be hidden. In order for incisions to heal properly and scars to fade over time, it will take effort on your part as the patient. Try to avoid too much sun exposure on the incisions as the sun exposure can lead to darker scars. Wear sunscreen whenever you’re out in the sun.
- It’s important to keep your incisions clean to avoid unnecessary swelling and infection. If you are given topical creams and ointments as part of your post-operative instructions, be sure to use them as instructed.
- If you are advised to wear protective or compression garments for a specified time period, you must do this for optimal comfort and healing.
- If something doesn’t seem right during your recovery, trust your gut. Call your surgical team with questions if you are showing signs of swelling or infection or experiencing excess pain or discomfort.
To schedule a plastic surgery consultation with Dr. Silverman, call (617) 965-9500.