Nobody wants to age. Think young – stay young; act young – stay young. Take care of yourself. It’s simple. The anti-aging industry for men is growing by leaps and bounds. The number of men choosing cosmetic surgery and requesting Botox or dermal filler injections is booming. Want some simple tips to keep aging at bay and compliment your surgical or cosmetic enhancements? Here are seven ways to do just that:
- Snooze and win. And don’t forget naps. Most adults need seven to nine hours of sleep every night. A lack of sleep can result in bags under your eyes that make you appear older
- Keep moving. Daily exercise will help you maintain balance, body tone, and flexibility – very important considerations as you age. Aerobic exercise is good for your heart and brain. Men who are trim and fit look and feel younger than those who are flabby.
- Hydrate with water – not diet soda. Try to drink six to eight cups of water a day. Water gives your skin a firmer tone and a more youthful appearance.
- You are what you eat. Eating a Mediterranean-type diet, which includes fish, chicken, fruits, and vegetables with a moderate amount of carbs, will keep you healthy, young and fit.
- Quite smoking if you can. Smoking creates wrinkles and fine lines around your eyes and mouth. It stains your teeth, dulls your skin, and causes health problems that will rapidly age you.
- Clean and soften. Using a gentle cleanser and a rich moisturizer every day will help you look younger. Dry-looking skin simply exaggerates the signs of aging.
- Please. Over-exposure to the sun is cumulative, and can cause wrinkles and age spots that give away your age.
Choose to promote your own wellness, because healthy is as healthy does – and learn to care for the skin you’re in! Give us a call to schedule an appointment and let us tell you about the many anti-aging treatment options we offer: (617) 965-9500 or (800) 785-7860.