The use of dermal fillers for plumping lips and filling fine lines and wrinkles is definitely trending. Dr. Silverman uses Juvederm® injectable gels…known as the “next generation” of facial fillers. Juvederm® is used extensively to enhance the fullness of lips and is effective in minimizing the fine “smile lines” and deeper “parentheses” lines (nasolabial folds) around the nose and the sides of the mouth.
Read on to learn more:
- Juvederm® is made with hyaluronic acid, a substance which naturally occurs in the body. This makes it easily accepted and unlikely to cause an adverse reaction. It is FDA approved and is safe and effective.
- Juvederm® procedures are done using a nerve blocker anesthetic, similar to a dental anesthetic, which numbs the lips or targeted area and ensures that the patient is relaxed and comfortable before the actual procedure begins. This gentle procedure takes about 15 minutes; the results typically last about six to nine months.
- Following a Juvederm® procedure, you can return to your normal activities and work schedule immediately. There may be some mild bruising that may last a few days but can be easily camouflaged with make-up.
Would you be a good Juvederm® candidate?
- The ideal candidate for a Juvederm® treatment is the patient who wishes to minimize the appearance of fine lines around their mouth, restore a more youthful appearance and enhance the appearance and fullness of their lips.
- As with any cosmetic procedure, it is important to clarify your treatment goals. If you decide a Juvederm® procedure is for you, discuss your expectations with us. We strive to ensure that you achieve the look you want. An excellent rule of thumb for lip enhancement is “less is more.” Maintaining the normal anatomy of your lips with subtle injections can result in very naturally appearing, plumper lips.
Dr. Silveman specializes in the use of Juvederm® gels and has a high patient satisfaction rate. He is confident that you will be delighted with a Juvederm® treatment. Call to schedule a consultation and get 2016 off to a Juvederm® start: (617) 965-9500.