Deciding to undergo plastic surgery is a deeply personal choice. Women who choose to undergo breast augmentation surgery by and large say it was worth it. In fact, 92 percent of patients who have undergone breast augmentation say that they have an increased sense of self-esteem after surgery.
Here are some of the other benefits of breast augmentation and who makes a good candidate for surgery:
- If you have small breasts, breast augmentation surgery will add size, volume and fullness to your breasts.
- If you have asymmetrical breasts, where one is a different size or shape than the other, surgery can correct this by balancing out the breasts and making them more symmetrical.
- If you lack fullness on the upper part of the breasts or you want a fuller profile, breast augmentation surgery will give you the contour you desire.
- Some women have breasts that developed abnormally, so they find that breast augmentation surgery can give them the size and shape they want.
- Many women who undergo breast cancer surgery will need breast reconstruction surgery. A breast augmentation helps them feel like a woman again after such a traumatic time in their life.
- Often when women experience pregnancy or significant weight loss, their breasts can lose their shape and volume. A breast augmentation with implants or by fat transfer can give them the volume they desire.
- A breast augmentation can help women gain more confidence when shopping for clothing that fits their shape.
- Candidates for breast augmentation are in good physical and emotional health. If you smoke, you will need to give it up before and after surgery to reduce surgical risks and help with healing. Patients who have a positive outlook and realistic expectations for surgery make good candidates for breast augmentation.
If you’re interested in learning more about breast augmentation and whether you are a candidate for surgery, call our office at (617) 965-9500 to set up a consultation.