Are your eyes are the windows to your soul?
They may or may not be, but your eyes are one of the first things people notice about you. Unfortunately, Father Time, exposure to the sun and heredity can combine to cause the lids of your eyes to droop and sag.
One of the major reasons people consider blepharoplasty, also known as “eyelid surgery” or “eye lift,” is drooping, sagging lids.
A blepharoplasty is a surgical procedure which tightens and removes excess upper eyelid skin, muscle and sometimes fat for a more youthful, alert appearance. As a side benefit, blepharoplasty may also improve your vision by providing a less obstructed field of vision once the drooping eyelids are improved.
You would be a good candidate for eyelid surgery if:
- You have excess skin which covers the natural fold of your eyelids
- Your lids appear puffy, making you look tired
- You have loose skin which hangs down from your eyelids and covers your lashes
Your eye lid surgery will be done by Dr. Silverman as an outpatient procedure in our office where every precaution will be taken for your comfort and safety.
- During the procedure, small incisions are made in the natural crease of the upper eyelid. Excess skin and fat are removed and the incision is closed.
- Following your surgery, expect your eyes to be swollen and bruised. You may also experience some pain and blurred vision. It is important to keep your head upright.
- Applying ice packs to your face can soothe the pain and control any inflammation.
- You will be given pain medications an antibiotic ointment to prevent infection.
- Heavy exercise is not recommended for several weeks after surgery. Elevating your blood pressure can hamper the healing process.
- Walking is recommended in the early phase of your recovery…but take it easy! No brisk, workout-type walking even though you may be accustomed to it.
- Avoid exercises that require you to bend over, such as yoga, and avoid lifting heavy weights for up to three weeks.
Call Dr. Silverman for a consultation appointment.
An eye lift is a life-changing procedure!