The benefits of injectable dermal fillers and Botox® as popular treatments for aging skin are well-known. But did you know that more men than ever are opting for these non-surgical treatments to get the youthful look that matches how they feel inside? That’s right. Sculpting and training are important for your well-being but so is how you perceive yourself. Injectable treatments are the perfect “go-to” for that!
The two types of injectable treatments are Neurotoxins, such as Botox®, and Dermal Fillers, such as Juvederm®, Restylane and Perlane. Each has unique properties for treating specific concerns, severity, or area of your face. At your consultation, we will help you determine the appropriate filler treatment to help you achieve your goals.
- Botox® is an FDA approved, non-surgical procedure for treating wrinkles formed by facial movements in the forehead and between the eyebrows, the “glabellar lines.”
- Botox® uses a neurotoxin (botulinum type A) to temporarily paralyze facial muscles by blocking nerve receptors.
- Injections of Botox® prevent muscle movement in the forehead, between the eyebrows, and near the corners of the eyes – the areas that cause that tired, stressed, and angry look. Each session takes about 15-20 minutes.
- Most patients return to their normal activities immediately. In most patients, the effects of Botox® last about three to four months.
- Injectable dermal fillers differ from neurotoxins in that they contain a synthetic hyaluronic acid gel, a natural substance found throughout the body, that is a precursor of collagen, the support layer of the skin.
- Dermal fillers can add volume to the chin and cheek area, treat fine lines and wrinkles, and restore a more youthful, healthy appearance to a man’s face.
- Treatments can be completed within 30-minutes and require no downtime. Depending on the product and treatment area, the rejuvenating effects of dermal fillers typically last from four months to a year – then your body will naturally metabolize the filler.
Men of Newton and Brighton…the ball is in your court. Don’t wait another day to experience the youthful effects of an injectable treatment. Call to schedule an appointment, today: (617) 965-9500 or (800) 785-7860.