If one of your New Year’s resolutions is to turn back the hands of time or to enhance your appearance in other ways, then you’re probably considering plastic surgery.
Here are some of the top reasons why patients choose to go under the knife.
- You want to improve your confidence and sense of self. Cosmetic surgery can provide a major boost to your self-esteem and give you the confidence you’ve been seeking.
- You are self-conscious about your appearance. Women who have unusually large breasts and do not like the unwanted attention or the physical and emotional toll it can take on their body. They can benefit greatly from a breast reduction surgery. Other patients may be teased about protruding ears or their nose and want to undergo surgery to address it.
- Many patients have medical problems related to cosmetic concerns. People who undergo rhinoplasty may have a deviated septum, and nose surgery will improve their breathing passages.
- You are seeing the effects of the natural aging process and sun exposure and feel much younger than you look. Plastic surgery and even cosmetic injectables can help you achieve a more youthful appearance and smooth out lines and wrinkles, even prolonging new wrinkles from forming.
- Plastic surgery is often indicated for patients who have various disfigurements from accidents or medical conditions and can benefit from reconstructive surgery. Women who undergo breast cancer surgery often feel much more like themselves after a breast augmentation surgery.
- You’ve done all you can with diet and exercise and still can’t get rid of that stubborn fat. Liposuction is a procedure that many patients turn to after they’ve exhausted all their healthy habits and can’t get rid of these pockets of fat.
- If you have loose skin from aging, pregnancy or major weight loss, then you may find that plastic surgery is the best way to remove excess skin and tighten your overall body contour.